Few people can fail to have noticed the explosive growth in coaching in recent years. This two day course develops the skills and knowledge required by effective coaches including using a range of techniques to meet the needs of the individual learner which supports contemporary performance management principles. The course helps demystify coaching and provides appropriate tools and techniques to develop basic coaching skills.
Objectives – The Benefits to You and Your Organisation:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what coaching is and describe what coaches do
- Understand how people learn through coaching
- Initiate a coaching relationship
- Agree Goals for coaching, Build commitment to achieving goals
- Develop questioning and listening skills
- Use Reflection Notes, Thought Provokers and keep a coaching log
- Use effective Coaching Tools
- What is coaching?
- Different types of coaching.
- Exactly what do coaches do?
- How people learn
- Coaching code of conduct
- Code of practice
- Ethics in coaching
- Coaching Supervision
- Coaching styles
- Types of coaching
- Contracting with learners
- The GROW Model
- Questioning and listening
- Coaching tools
- Reflection notes and Thought Provokers and Coaching logs.
- Coaching tools – Appreciative Inquiry, Wheel of Work, Transactional Analysis
- Emotional Intelligence
- Performance System Coaching
This course is for anyone who is involved in supporting and developing staff. Highly practical approach to coaching focussing on providing real skills to make you a better colleague, partner and parent.